High School Application

Once you have determined the high schools that best match your interests, it’s time to begin the admission application process. Just be sure to set aside plenty of time to take any required admissions tests, complete the applications, and request recommendations from teachers.

  • Prepare application requirements. Many schools have a fixed admission calendar with set dates for applying. Others offer rolling admission, meaning they accept applications on a space-available basis throughout the year or after published deadlines. Each high school has its own application process and requirements, but you can generally expect an application to include the following:
    • Parent/guardian questionnaire
    • Student questionnaire
    • Teacher recommendations
    • Transcripts of your grade from the past 2 years
    • Admission test scores
    • Campus visit/interview
  • Take the test. Admission test requirements for secondary schools typically include one or more of the following:
    • SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test) - website: www.ssat.org
    • ISEE (Independent School Entrance Examination) - website: erblearn.org
    • TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) *International applicants may be required to submit the scores - website: www.ets.org
  • Submit an application. Complete and forward your application to the schools. Follow up with teachers, and your guidance or counselor to be sure they’ve sent the recommendations and transcripts.
  • Obtain confirmation or receipt from schools. Once you have completed and submitted your application, make sure you obtain confirmation or receipt from each school. Once complete, an application is handed over to the Admissions Committees.
  • Beyond the application. Schools publish their “notification dates” when they will mail out their admissions decisions. Ask each school for its date. If you receive a letter of acceptance, congratulations! Generally, you will have 30 days to respond. To accept officially, parents or guardians are required to sign an enrollments contract and provide a nonrefundable tuition deposit. If you are accepted but plan to attend else-where, please notify the school in writing so it can award the space to another student.
    • For international students: to study in the Unites States, you’ll need an F-1 visa to enter and remain in the United States throughout the school year. Once you’ve been accepted to a school, admission officers can help guide you through the visa application process. The school will issue an I-20 Form for the appropriate number of years. With this, you can apply in person for a visa at the US embassy or consulate nearest your home. The application process requires forms and fees, and an interview with a consular officer. Once you’ve been issued your visa, a stamp in your passport will indicate the length of your visa and the number of entries you are permitted into the United States.
Address: P.O.Box 66, Murrysville, PA 15668 USA Parents | Guardian | Consultants |
Alumni | Ambassadors | Admission Officer |
Representative | Regional Director | Local Coordinator
Phone: 412.385.3131  /  Fax: 724.519.2112
E-mail: mySchoolerConsulting@gmail.com